Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

If they can be cordial with one another is it in his best interest

to stay in the household...
If they can be cordial with one another is it in his best interest to stay in the household rather than leaving and coming to stay with us his parents. We live in Northern California 8 hrs away and different counties.
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/10/2013
Allen M., Esq.
Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.

That's not really a legal question as much as a social one. Can they remain cordial? That's really the question.

Certainly, if they can, he will have more access to the kids, the commander on base (as he has a military ID) the JAG office and the court where the divorce is filed if he stays.
If he does leave she can't claim that he abandoned them. And would have that against him when she tries to fight for full custody of the children
Not really, not if she kicked him out of housing and won't let him around them.

I mean, she can claim it but the facts work against her.

Of course, we're getting away from military law now, which is what I'm an expert in. I don't do child custody cases.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer