How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19221
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an active duty soldier and my son who is disabled requires

This answer was rated:

I am an active duty soldier and my son who is disabled requires 24/7 supervision for the next few months. Am I entitled to receive FMLA to take care of my child during this time?
Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.

No, the FMLA does not apply to military members. For you to take leave, you have to request leave through your command and you'll want to divulge your situation in order to ensure the best chance of receiving that hardship leave.

Allen M., Esq. and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you