How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19207
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiancé is being sued by her sister. Can her sister attach

This answer was rated:

My fiancé is being sued by her sister. Can her sister attach to my retirement and home if she wins after we're married.

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.


Your retirement can't be garnished, no. If the home is entirely in your name, that also can not be attached to.


Keep the retirement money going into its own account though, because if it goes into an account with unprotected funds (basically, any funds that are not your retirement), then it gets "tainted" by the unprotected funds.


Allen M., Esq. and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you