How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34746
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, my Name isXXXXX im from Guatemala, actually

This answer was rated:

Hello, my Name isXXXXX i'm from Guatemala, actually i have a temporary work permitt and i am in asylum immigration process. My bigger dream is join the US army and i would do anything to get it to serve the United States. I would like to know if there's some special program to join the army or if there's something that i could do, please let me know.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

Sir, you will need to get resident status. In order to enlist, the rules require that he applicant have a "green card"

Once you have resident status, then you are eligible to enlist.

There are exceptions for translators, mostly in Arabic languages, but they are not actually soldiers...they serve alongside the soldiers in the war in Afghanistan.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX no other posible way to get an opportunity to joing, like a volunteer or something like that?


Sorry for the delay sir.

No...there is no way to volunteer other than enlisting. Once you receive status as a resident, then you can enlist. But not before.

P. Simmons and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you