How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34529
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can my spouse complete our divorce through the military rather

This answer was rated:

Can my spouse complete our divorce through the military rather then in civilian court and approximately how much could it cost to complete
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

No...there is no "military divorce court". The divorce must be granted in state court.

In SOME case, the base commander will allow the JAG to help with filing, if the divorce is not contested. You can check with the on base legal assistance to see if they offer this service.

Let me know if you have more questions....happy to assist if I can
P. Simmons and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you