How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34275
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am owed $750 by an active marine on Camp Lejeune. When filing

This answer was rated:

I am owed $750 by an active marine on Camp Lejeune. When filing a small court claim, I have to have him served. I have no way of knowing what his actual address is on the base. How can I serve a military member on base?
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

Easy. You contact the base commander and ask for the "agent for service of process".

Each base commander will designate someone (typically a Non Commissioned or Staff Non Commissioned Officer) to facilitate this role. They can work with you to effect service. Typically this will fall under the base adjutant. You can start there (call the base operator and ask to speak to the base adjutant)...they can assist you in getting in contact with the Marine who will allow you to effect service of process on the individual Marine.

They will NOT serve it for you...but will make sure the Marine is at a particular place at a particular time to allow you to effect service.
P. Simmons and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Military Law Questions