Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I just recently left my husband. He is an E5 in the army. He

has committed adultery. I want...
I just recently left my husband. He is an E5 in the army. He has committed adultery. I want a divorce. He is mad so he is deciding on cutting me off all finances. What can I do?
5/21/2013
Allen M., Esq.

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.

Contact your husband and let him know that, in the Army, he has a legal obligation to support you. One that his commander can enforce through Army Regulation 608-99, which requires that he pay you the -non-locality BAH rate (sometimes called BAH II) if you are not living in the government housing.

Then let him know that you have the right to contact his commander and tell that commander that your husband is not supporting you....oh, and he also committed adultery (a crime in the military).

If your husband doesn't wise up, contact his commander.

Thank you. What if i don't know who his commander is? He just moved to Colorado in March. He is not speaking so i can't ask him
You can contact the base JAG office, let them know who you are and who he is and ask them to find the commander for you, so that you can make your AR 608-99 request.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer