How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19182
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

For the past two decades I have been unsuccessful at getting

This answer was rated:

For the past two decades I have been unsuccessful at getting the ABCMR to reverse their decision to deny me relief and correct my record. My case involves me blowing the whistle against my commander who was subsequently forced to retire as a result of my whistle blowing activities. Additionally, the DODIG confirmed I made a disclosure protected by statute and that I suffered adverse action(s)and that personnel responsible for the action(s) knew of the disclosure. My most recent correspondence from the Department of the Army, Army Review Board is dated March 21, 2013. The letter states my next option for relief is federal court of appropriate jurisdiction. My question: Based on the letter can I take this matter to federal court and not concern myself with statute of limitations?

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.


The statute of limitations for your right to file with the court is based on your most recent denial from the ABCMR. It is that action, or rather inaction, that creates your right to appeal to the appropriate federal court so your statute of limitations runs from there.

Allen M., Esq. and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I contact your law firm? I am interested in pursuing this matter in federal court.

You can not contact my law firm. The rules of this site expressly prohibit communication between us, outside of this forum. It also expressly prohibits me from accepting clients met on this site.


We just answer questions here.


If you wish to pursue federal action, you need to hire a local attorney to assist you.


Take care,.

Related Military Law Questions