How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34256
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

may a marine recieve a 6105 before getting a page 11. I currently

This answer was rated:

may a marine recieve a 6105 before getting a page 11. I currently have a marine getting processed for 6105 review board so my real question is are these action in the right i he has recieved no prior counseling for the inquiries he has aainst him?
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience

They are the same thing...a 6015 is the counseling that is reflected on the pg 11.

You have to run the counseling to document it.

So is your question can they separate a marine for a 6105? If not, what is your question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I guess my question is a couple of questions i apologize. with the pg 11 i have not heard of a case where it gets submitted to the CO to see if it goes to a review board and then if actions continue take steps to a NJP. So with that is it in the rights for the command to submit it up if the SNM has not had previous documentation of his deficiencies and ample time to correct them?
Thank you

This comes from the MARCORSEPSMAN (the Marine Corps Separations Manual)

This is the regulation that governs how a Marine can be processed for separation.

There are several ways that a Marine can be processed. For example, if the Marine commits major misconduct, that can be a reason to send to a separation board.

OR, if a Marine has committed minor misconduct (and received a 6105), and later commits further minor misconduct? That can be enough. SO, for example, if a Marine is UA one time, is counseled....then is UA again? That can be enough to send to a board

The commander can submit this...but they will only separate if the reason for separation is allowed by the MARCORPSEPSMAN

Let me know if you have more questions...happy to help you understand this if I can...though I will not be back on again until my tomorrow (your evening, if I recall Japan time correct)
P. Simmons and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Military Law Questions