P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Is there a AF regulation that states if a military officer

Customer Question

Is there a AF regulation that states if a military officer fails to Lt. Col, before 18 years of service, they will be discharged?
Basically if you missed below the zone, twice in the zone and then out of the zone, you will be discharged. What AF reg covers that?
There was a mandate from Congress that stated something to this effect.

How long in advance can a person begin planning their retirement and the actual date of retirement?
If a person is set to be retired on 15 Jun, how many months in advance can a person actually have their retirement ceremony. Is there an AF reg to cover that?

Thanks.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for helping out.
I can wait.

I appreciate your help.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Kevin,

We will search for a legal professional for you.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!
Wendy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If you could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your continued patience while we continue our search.

Regards,
Wendy

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right professional. However, as one of our valued customers, you are more than welcome to ask another question.

Please accept our sincere apology.

Regards,
Wendy