How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34957
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi i had gone awol went back got an other than honorable discharge

This answer was rated:

Hi i had gone awol went back got an other than honorable discharge can i still buy a firearm
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

Depends...did you go to a court martial? If so what type (special? general?)?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No court martial just sign papeework
No court?

Then no issue

Only a general court marital conviction can prevent firearm possession. A General Court Martial is the same as a felony court conviction.

If you have no GCM conviction? You have no worries.
P. Simmons and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you