How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19309
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received an article 15 through a special court martial, 3

This answer was rated:

I received an article 15 through a special court martial, 3 months shy of 6 years. I was able to go back to work and one evening I was told that I had one day to separate. I did and received an honorable discharge with full benefits but I can't re-enlist. I'm trying to get an airport job and having problems with the special court martial in my background check. My question to you, is there any way I can get the special court martial sealed or expunged from my records?

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.


No, there isn't unfortunately.


A special court martial is considered a federal conviction. There is no expungment process or records sealing process for a federal conviction from the military or otherwise.


The only way to have them removed from your record is by seeking a Presidential pardon.



Allen M., Esq. and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you