Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
20011183

I received an article 15 through a special court martial, 3

I received an article 15 through a special court martial, 3 months shy of 6 years. I was able to go back to work and one evening I was told that I had one day to separate. I did and received an honorable discharge with full benefits but I can't re-enlist. I'm trying to get an airport job and having problems with the special court martial in my background check. My question to you, is there any way I can get the special court martial sealed or expunged from my records?

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I have nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines, including JAG.

No, there isn't unfortunately.

A special court martial is considered a federal conviction. There is no expungment process or records sealing process for a federal conviction from the military or otherwise.

The only way to have them removed from your record is by seeking a Presidential pardon.

http://www.justice.gov/pardon/pardon_instructions.htm