Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

how long does it take military drug test results to returen?

and if you pass a...
how long does it take military drug test results to returen? and if you pass a home drug test involving marajuana will a military Urnialyas be any differnt?
11/2/2012
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

The typical drug screening turn around is 1-3 weeks (depends on how far away you are from the lab and how long it takes the coordinators to turn around the samples).

And the home test is not the same technology at all as the drug lab tests.

The home tests use an "assay" type of test and the drug lab will use an assay test as a screening test. But the drug lab will also use a GCMS test (Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry) which is much more accurate than the assay test.

SO passing the in home test is not a sure bet to pass the drug lab test.
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer

if i smoked 11 days ago and only took a few hits, have taken many menairls and vietams along with 2-3 mile runs per day and dextox drinks what are the chances of it still appearing on a military drug test 11 days after i took a few hits

One time use?

It is unlikely you will pop for THC.

That leaves the body after a few days (a week or so tops) for most folks without chronic (often) use.

Possible?

Sure.

But not likely

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer