How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 35002
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had my general under honorable discharge upgraded to honorable

This answer was rated:

I had my general under honorable discharge upgraded to honorable but lost all of the paperwork in a flood. All I have is my Honorable Discharge certificate but no official documents. I recently requested and was sent my DD214 thinking it might have the upgrade on it, but it does not. What do I need to do or what do I need to have to show my upgraded status?
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

That is a problem.

It is a problem since when the upgrade is ordered, the board of corrections is supposed to send the order to the service to create a DD215 (this is the corrected DD214)

It may be you have to re-request to get the D215 (it should be automatic...but perhaps they made a mistake)

Otherwise you will have to go back to the board of corrections of military records and ask them to order the creation of the DD215.

P. Simmons and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you