How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34317
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have applied for VA disability for service connected Gerd

Resolved Question:

I have applied for VA disability for service connected Gerd which the C&P Examiner said it was a secondary condition to previously diagnosed PTSD. IT is considered a mild condition now. Can I expect a 20% disability as listed in Title 38 sect 4 ? Also I have ED which is also caused by PTSD. If I decide to apply for a disability does the VA require a C&P exam or will they accept my treatment records from the VA Hospital ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

ED is $90/mo flat rate. It is not paid as a percentage.

The VA requires a C&P exam.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You answered the ED part. What about the Gerd disability question?

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 years ago.
Depends on the severity

You can see the ratings charts here

Link text
P. Simmons and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Military Law Questions