How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34335
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I did not get a separation physical examination when discharged

This answer was rated:

I did not get a separation physical examination when discharged from the Army in 1971, I was a helicopter door gunner 68/69 in vietnam va says no record of hearing loss
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

I understand your background you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Like I said before I was a helicopter door gunner for B Troop 1/9 Cav in March 1968 to March 1969. I had hearing problems from the helicopter turbine and noise from the helicopter, also from firing a M60 machine gun free style. Also had ringing in the ears but everybody did. You only went to the medic if you were shot or ready something bad not because of ringing in your ears. I guess I never thought about it because my hearing lost was slow over the years but as far as I can remember I asked people to repeat themselves. I have significance hearing lost the VA has given me hearing aids, but they say I didnt have and medical records about hearing problems. I was a over the road truck driver after the service which I was told should not of caused my hearing lost. I filed for hearing lost and tinnitus but they say no because not service related. I did not get a hearing test upon discharge to compare what my hearing was going into the service. any ideas what way to go I did ask for appeal.
You have to prove have to provide documentation to the VA to show you had this while in country. If you can not point to entries in your medical records that support your claim, the VA will not approve it or the appeal.

I agree, it may not be fair. But that is how the law is written currrently.

Sorry to have to bear bad news.
P. Simmons and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Military Law Questions