Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

family care plan chapter

Customer Question
family care plan chapter
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/12/2010
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 7 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

Do you have a question?

Yes, I do. I currently trying to get out on a family care. My chapter paperwork was sent up to bde however, the csm saids that i a married. i am seperated i understand the the army does not recognize anything but a legal divorce. My child's farther is in the military and is on child support. Does that make us dual military according to the parentage of the child.

If your married, your married. Period.

So that would make you "dual military"/
no my husband is a civilan. my childs farther is army. in the family care plan there is a clause for people who have custoday of by court orders
ahh...I see. so what is your question exactly?

can i get out on family care plan? both i and the farther is this child are in the army would that make me and him dual military when it comes to taking care of this child. because i am seperated they saying i dont need a family care plan however it is just me and my child. my child is an exceptional family member as well.

I still do not understand your question...what do you mean "can i get out on family care plan?"

You want the Army to discharge you for failing to follow this requirement?
yes you can chapter or be discharge involutary or volutary due to parentage not being able to participate in field exercises or deployments
Yes, I understand that..but if you do not comply with the FCP they can give you an OTH discharge...do you understand that?

please explain more by complying

Ch 5 of AR 635-200 is the regulation that allows them to separate you. You can see the regulation here

http://www.sdmcp.org/Regs/armyenlistedseps.pdf

As you can see, they can (are not requried to but can) separate you if you do not comlete the FCP.

Let me know if you have more questions

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer