Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

My daughters husban is on active military aduty. She has been…

Customer Question
My daughters husban is on...
My daughters husban is on active military aduty. She has been told she has to attend jury duty. She has two young children and financla problems. Can she refuse jury duty legally?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Military Law
6/25/2010
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 8 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

Sorry to have to bear bad news but active duty military is not a legal excuse to jury duty...this is also true for the spouse of active duty.

She needs to report in and let them know of her concerns...they may well release her that morning.