How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 38233
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have custody of my grandson and his dad just finished boot

This answer was rated:

i have custody of my grandson and his dad just finished boot camp.and has not been in his life for 18 months his son dont even know him. hes fixing to be stationed in new mexico and my daughter is going with him she dont have custody either because shes unfit. there threating me saying that the jag lawyers are vgoing to take custody back and give the baby to them can they do that?
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

no, JAG can not help them...but dad can come and take the child. Unless you have a court order granting you custody, dad can exert his custody rights and take the child.

If you want to keep the child, you should file for sole custody.

P. Simmons and 2 other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i do have full custody of him so are we ok
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Thanks...and sorry for the delay. Then if you have full custody the ONLY way that they can get custody from you is to go to court...and they will need to hire an attorney (JAG will not represent him).