Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

i have custody of my grandson and his dad just finished boot…

i have custody of my...
i have custody of my grandson and his dad just finished boot camp.and has not been in his life for 18 months his son dont even know him. hes fixing to be stationed in new mexico and my daughter is going with him she dont have custody either because shes unfit. there threating me saying that the jag lawyers are vgoing to take custody back and give the baby to them can they do that?
6/24/2010
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

no, JAG can not help them...but dad can come and take the child. Unless you have a court order granting you custody, dad can exert his custody rights and take the child.

If you want to keep the child, you should file for sole custody.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
i do have full custody of him so are we ok
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Thanks...and sorry for the delay. Then if you have full custody the ONLY way that they can get custody from you is to go to court...and they will need to hire an attorney (JAG will not represent him).