Military Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified military lawyer who will answer your question

JAG Defense
JAG Defense
JAG Defense, Military Lawyer

More related answers
All military lawyers are VERIFIED
I'm a Marine who was wondering if there are any legal ways
Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez, JD
Hello I'm a Marine who was wondering if there are any legal ways to get removed from the Marine Corps? I'm not doing so well. … read more
Just curious on how to get out of the military earlier than
Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez, JD
just curious on how to get out of the military earlier than i enlisted for … read more
I served 16 years in the US Navy. In 1994 I was part of
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Doctoral Degree
I served 16 years in the US Navy. In 1994 I was part of forces off the coast of Somalia. After having a heart attack I was flown to Germany and then back to the US. The Navy/military then put me on TD… read more
My name is***** served 12 years in the army all active Duty.
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
My name is***** served 12 years in the army all active Duty. I did not get a Physical Examine on discharge,but within a week after discharge while applying for a Job found out I had a hernia an hypert… read more
How can you stop a military medical board process and provide
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
How can you stop a military medical board process and provide a soldier with appropriate healing time to have a fair opportunity to return to active duty? BACKGROUND: I proudly joined the Army this ye… read more
I served 19 months in the Navy before getting an early separation
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
I served 19 months in the Navy before getting an early separation from the Navy. I payed into my GI bill and received an honorable discharge and was placed into the IRR after I got out. Do I still qua… read more
I was awarded a Type 4 (Full) Scholarship for the USAF in 2000.
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
I was awarded a Type 4 (Full) Scholarship for the USAF in 2000. I enlisted the first year of training (terms of the scholarship) and successfully completed Field Training and the ROTC program at my co… read more
Military Disability? Seperation? I am currently Active Duty
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Military Disability? Seperation? I am currently Active Duty Navy with 10 years and 10 months of service (jus found out I'm eligible for disability retirement based on time in) I have been diagnosed wi… read more
I am in the Navy and am currently ACTIVE duty. I am a qualified
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
I am in the Navy and am currently ACTIVE duty. I am a qualified Submariner and I am nuclear trained. I've recently been battling crazy mood swings and depression...I got referred to help through milit… read more
A question on Disability Retirement I read this in the Handbook
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
A question on Disability Retirement: I read this in the Handbook for Military Life/ Benefits 2010. Concerning a permanent disability retirement available through the Defense Department; "Service membe… read more
I have over a total 20 years military service active duty and
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
I have over a total 20 years military service active duty and reserve. I am in the process of retiring and have never received any statements of how many retirement points I have earned. How do I obta… read more
I served a total of 16 years, 5 mos in the military. Active
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
I served a total of 16 years, 5 mos in the military. Active duty, reserve and national guard. Recently I was discharged because of medical problems. I requested a medical discharge and looking at my o… read more
I recieved a medical discharge from the Navy in 1963. I had
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
I recieved a medical discharge from the Navy in 1963. I had not been on active duty only in the reserve. Got placed into standby as I went in the seminary. Did not stay and when I came out went back t… read more
I am a Navy sailor who has been trying to get my discharge
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
I am a Navy sailor who has been trying to get my discharge changed. I was given an Administrative discharge, Non disabling medical condition)-honorable. On my DD214, I have an RE code4, HFV. PSD could… read more
I have 16 years in the US NAVY and was listed as unsuitable
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
I have 16 years in the US NAVY and was listed as unsuitable for sea duty because of medical reasons. My case is going to a review board and I'm being told that 9 out of 10 times the member is discharg… read more
I am getting out of the military and still need surgery on
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
I am getting out of the military and still need surgery on my ankle from an accident that happened while on active duty. I also need to have a crown redone that broke off. I have served 8.5 years and … read more
i.was discharged tdrl 50%; downgraded to 10% final after 5
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
i.was discharged tdrl 50%; downgraded to 10% final after 5 years. Do i rate 10% retirement pay from the Navy. I served 14 years and 10 months total. The Navy gave me 45K upon final discharged.… read more
I am to be married, the enlisted is in the Army and put in
John, Trial Lawyer
I am to be married, the enlisted is in the Army and put in his 20 years was to retire March 12, 2009. Now he doesn't get to retire and has been deployed,he is 42 years old has sever PTSD and injuries … read more