Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

If you know a soldier in the Reserves who volunteered for deployment…

Customer Question
If you know a soldier...
If you know a soldier in the Reserves who volunteered for deployment with the same co. as her ex husband, and then got out of it by lying to Dr.s and her commanders about being depressed and suicidal just to come home and file child custody and child support action agianst the ex husband who is now in Iraq, what can be done. She also had an affair while married, to a soldier in Ft. Hood Texas. That is what started the divorce. What can be done. She either lied to get into the military or lied to keep from deployment. Please let me know.
Deborah Sibilla [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Military Law
6/10/2010
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 8 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years military law experience.

If you know of a soldier who lied to avoid deployment, contact the current commanding officer (battalion commander). the commander can investigate and, if appropriate, prosecute.