Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

My question is, my husband died in 1991 of cancer that I feel

Customer Question
is directed caused by agent...
My question is, my husband died in 1991 of cancer that I feel is directed caused by agent orange. We file at one point before for the agent orange funds, and got it for a short while , and they stopped it. Since then he died before he could re-opened it. Do I still have a case?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Military Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/5/2010
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 7 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Thanks for the chance to assist and sorry for the bad news, but if he died, you can no longer file "for him"...his rights to collect benefits will end on his death.

That said, it may be possilble you qualify for a "survivor benefit" from the VA

Take a look here

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/dependents/spouse.htm

And review the various benefits available to surviving spouses of vets. It may be you qualify for one or more of them.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer