Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

If she agreed to spilt everything but never got a job to help…

Customer Question
If she agreed to spilt...
If she agreed to spilt everything but never got a job to help does she owe me everything i had to pay for or did i lose all my money?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Military Law
2/5/2010
Military Lawyer: Lawrence D. Gorin, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Lawrence D. Gorin

No, she does not owe you everything that you paid for. When you married, you did so "for better of worse." And now you are experiencing the "worse" part. Any agreement that was made for her to get a job and split everything should have been timely enforced throughout the marrige. By not doing so, you effectively waived the right to now enforce the agreement. In sum, it is simply now too late to do so.

NOTE: I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.