Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

If a person receives a discharge which states General/Under…

If a person receives a...
If a person receives a discharge which states General/Under Honorable Conditions, are they returned to their home place of enlistment or simply put out at the base entrance?
2/5/2010
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
General discharge, under honorale conditions will rate transportation back to home of record. Its only the worse favorable discharge (other than honorable) or a punitve discharge from a court martial that will not rate travel pay.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Maybe I don't understand "the worse favorable discharge other than honorable". I am looking at the words "General (under honorable conditions). Is there something else I should be looking at?
No, that is what you need. What service are you in? How long ago did you separate? Have you filed a travel claim?

Navy

Last week

No - was told they take you to the gate and you are on your own.

You need to file a travel claim. Contact your nearest base...or better the base you left. Talk to the TMO folks...they are all civilians. Tell them that you need to file a claim. They will send you the forms.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer