P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

If a person receives a discharge which states General/Under

If a person receives a discharge which states General/Under Honorable Conditions, are they returned to their home place of enlistment or simply put out at the base entrance?
General discharge, under honorale conditions will rate transportation back to home of record. Its only the worse favorable discharge (other than honorable) or a punitve discharge from a court martial that will not rate travel pay.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Maybe I don't understand "the worse favorable discharge other than honorable". I am looking at the words "General (under honorable conditions). Is there something else I should be looking at?
No, that is what you need. What service are you in? How long ago did you separate? Have you filed a travel claim?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Navy

Last week

No - was told they take you to the gate and you are on your own.

You need to file a travel claim. Contact your nearest base...or better the base you left. Talk to the TMO folks...they are all civilians. Tell them that you need to file a claim. They will send you the forms.