P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

About 2008 www.google.com was accused of military

About 2008 www.google.com was accused of military espionage by having employees take pictures of streets and buildings and equipment, etc. at U.S. Military Bases for posting on google maps because they had no permission to use cameras on Bases. Was www.google.com Blacklisted by the U.S. Military and found guilty or not? I heard about it via news media stories.
Best Wishes from ED CRAIG, Amateur Radio Station N1TV, P.O. Box 3292,
San Jose, CA. NNN-NN-NNNN Telephone: XXX-XXX-XXXX.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist. I could not find any credible reports that Google or anyone affilitated with Google was ever charged criminally by the US governmnet, much less evidence of charges of espionage. I believe your reading information that is not accurate. If you want to send me a link I can review the source for you.

The US military can and will limit photograph on portions of their installations. But I found no evidence of criminal charges against Google stemming from this.