Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

i have a man in the millitary who i have pictures of and his

Customer Question
name and his information and...
i have a man in the millitary who i have pictures of and his name and his information and want to know if i have to pay for him to come home or should he have no problem getting home with out my help. hes from america and live in england.
but do i as his girlfriend have to pay for him to come home
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Military Law
2/4/2010
Military Lawyer: ben.jones,
 replied 7 years ago
ben.jones

Hi

I obviously do not know the full details of your situation and do not want to give you bad advice if this is a genuine situation but if you have never met that man in person then this sounds worryingly like a well-known scam that some people are trying. This involves meeting someone online and striking a relationship with them. Following a series of correspondence then the person requests a sum of money to come and see the other person. The victim then happily pays the money expecting to meet them for the first time and are left bitterly disappointed when they don't turn up as promised. At the same time the crook is already involved with someone else and trying to do the same thing all over again.

If this person is in the military then there is no reason why the army would not pay for getting him home. There are frequent military ferry flights across the world and military staff can usually either travel for free or get discount rates (as long as there are spaces).

You obviously have no duty to pay for him and it is entirely up to you whether you pay or not. However, if anything of what I have said above is true, then I would be very careful about parting with any money.

Again, I'm sorry if this does not apply to your situation but I am just going on from the limited information I have.

I hope this is of some help. Kindly press the Accept button if you found my advice useful. You will still be able to answer follow-up questions. Thank you.

need a millitary solicitor who knows as i know hes genuine and have met him and his boss and have checked on him.

but unless you are fully aware of millitary then wont be excepting.

Military Lawyer: ben.jones,
 replied 7 years ago
OK, in this case I will opt out and allow others to reply. You have not been charged.

Edited by Ben Jones on 2/4/2010 at 6:54 PM EST
Military Lawyer: ben.jones,
 replied 7 years ago
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 7 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
This is a scam. I have seen this myself and its well reported on the interent. The US military does NOT charge to have its members return from overseas...this person is trying to scam you from your money...do not let them. I would not give them any financial information, do not send them money or continue to cotact them...they are clearly not in the military.

P. Simmons, Military Lawyer