P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Been married 30 years, my wife wants a divorce. Been separted

Customer Question

Been married 30 years, my wife wants a divorce. Been separted two years. I move out when she said she loves someone else. I was in the military 23 years. How much of my retirement would she get?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Anne_C replied 7 years ago.

Was your wife married to you the entire time you were in the military? If not, how long were you married while you served?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes. We separated twice at her request.
Expert:  Anne_C replied 7 years ago.

What kind of separations were they? Were those legal separations - in other words, one or the other of you went into Court and obtained an order of separation? If so, what state were those in, and how long was the separation?