P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
11181181

Is it true that the Military only allows up to three dependents

Customer Question

Is it true that the Military only allows up to three dependents for oversees duty?
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
There is no limit for dependents overseas. Heck, we just returned from Japan and there were two families with 7+ children.

Now, it is true that the military can choose to not send any dependents over...but if the military agrees to send the family, there is not a limit on the number of children that can be included...all the children would be allowed to accompany.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I found a document of the policy which states contrary to what you are telling me. there fore, I can not accept your answer. If anything, I am left more confused than to begin with. if you would like to see the document let me know where I can send the attachment
you can send [email protected] and have them forward to PSIMMONS and I will get it

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it does not send to the address you gave me. It says that the email address is invalid.
sorry, they changed it

Try here
[email protected]

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I sent the file. let me know when you get it
D

GOT IT!

Sorry it took so long...seems they had problem with attachments for some reason.

OK, this is a COT regulation...this is NOT the same as initial overseas screening. And the guidance dose not limit dependents...but it does require scrutiny if more than 3

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.