How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34998
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a rash in my groin region. It wasnt an STD as far as

Resolved Question:

I had a rash in my groin region. It wasn't an STD as far as I know. I've never been to whore house or what ever. When I was in Vietnam I never slept anywhere but my bunk. When we were in the Philippines I had a very small rash, it was more like a heat rash from all the heat and humidity. As embarrassing as it may be I never had sex until I was in my early 20s. This was before free love and all that other crap. I was treated in a VA facility and the doctor prescribed the wrong medication which continued on and on. This did not stop the rash it only got worse. I was sent to the skin department and they said I had been on the wrong medication. The medication had thinned the skin, left horrible scars, and disfigured the whole area. If a woman saw this they would be repulsed as most have. The skin specialist decided it must be a fungus an prescribed the appropriate medications. the rash did clear up but with all of those scars and hanging skin it was not a pretty sight. Is this a claim inju
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
This may well be a claim with the the VA. TO received compensation / treatment, you need to show two things

1. You have a current medical condition or disability

2. It is caused by or aggravated by your service.

From your description, sure seems it came while you were on active duty. The real question is the effect. If there is a current condition you should file a claim.

You can do this yourself, by visiting your local VA and filling out form 21-526

More info here

Or you can take advantage of one of the service organizations like the DAV or VFW. They offer free help and have LOTS of experience in this area...they can help you from start to finish. Again, the price is right...Free.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne, it sounds like you may be eligible for help, but you need to apply first. Best of luck

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.
P. Simmons and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you