Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I had a rash in my groin region. It wasnt an STD as far as

Customer Question
I had a rash in...
I had a rash in my groin region. It wasn't an STD as far as I know. I've never been to whore house or what ever. When I was in Vietnam I never slept anywhere but my bunk. When we were in the Philippines I had a very small rash, it was more like a heat rash from all the heat and humidity. As embarrassing as it may be I never had sex until I was in my early 20s. This was before free love and all that other crap. I was treated in a VA facility and the doctor prescribed the wrong medication which continued on and on. This did not stop the rash it only got worse. I was sent to the skin department and they said I had been on the wrong medication. The medication had thinned the skin, left horrible scars, and disfigured the whole area. If a woman saw this they would be repulsed as most have. The skin specialist decided it must be a fungus an prescribed the appropriate medications. the rash did clear up but with all of those scars and hanging skin it was not a pretty sight. Is this a claim inju
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Military Law
2/2/2010
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 7 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
This may well be a claim with the the VA. TO received compensation / treatment, you need to show two things

1. You have a current medical condition or disability

2. It is caused by or aggravated by your service.

From your description, sure seems it came while you were on active duty. The real question is the effect. If there is a current condition you should file a claim.

You can do this yourself, by visiting your local VA and filling out form 21-526

More info here http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-526-ARE.pdf

Or you can take advantage of one of the service organizations like the DAV or VFW. They offer free help and have LOTS of experience in this area...they can help you from start to finish. Again, the price is right...Free.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne, it sounds like you may be eligible for help, but you need to apply first. Best of luck

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer