Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

I keep getting the run around. I was talking to psimmons before.

Customer Question
I keep getting the run...
I keep getting the run around. I was talking to psimmons before. How do I get back to him?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Military Law
2/1/2010
Military Lawyer: P. Simmons, Military Lawyer replied 7 years ago
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Right here! Ft Benning, no?

Try here

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/337u3-i-am-the-on-site-manager-at-a-campground-beloning-to-ft-benning

I just did for the fourth time. Am I doing something wrong?
I have no idea sir...the site has been buggy lately.

Lets keep this here

I do not have access to FT Bennings regulations online...did they tell you which specific regulation they were referring to?

I do not know which regulation, but I believe it is part of the 215-1, 2, 3, or 4.

They went from charging me $100.00 plus utilities to $600.00 a month. I was told the original rate was illegal. I have both contracts. I am the Assistant Mngr., and the night manager. I get no compensation for the night manager. I have worked for MWR 19 years and make $16.18 an hour. I just really think I am getting taken advantage of.

I am familiar with the 215...this will not prevent them (MWR) from making the change. Frankly, the only thing that would is if there were a local regulation (base order) that limited MWR’s ability to do this. But I suspect there is no such thing.

Its like this: As an “at will” employee (that is, you are not contracted for a specific job with a contract to cover compensation) they can change your compensation if they like and your recourse will be to give your notice.

SO I do not think you will have a legal argument to fight this. That said, I agree this is crappy...to boost your rent 500%! I would request an audience with the base commander. I would meet with him and request he address this. Its his base and he (or she) can certainly intercede to correct this if they choose. But if they will not, there is not a rule that prohibits them from increasing your “rent”

Sorry to have to bear bad news

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer