Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

my wife is security forces. both of her flight chiefs admitted…

Customer Question
my wife is security forces...
my wife is security forces. both of her flight chiefs admitted to being sexist. she was recently placed on a medical waiver due to injury to her neck. thye will place her on the gate for two hours then make her goback to the squadron and do nothing but clean. her flight chiefs call her worthless. she was recently stalked and threatened to be raped. she took it up her chain of command. they said they gave him an lor, but the superintendent(next up the chain) never heard about it or got any paperwork on it. and still post her with this guy. they say they are working on a discharge. is there any way to speed this up?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Military Law
1/9/2010
Military Lawyer: Anne_C, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Anne_C
Anne_C, Lawyer

DearCustomer

Your wife is in the Air Force, correct? How long has she been in the service? What is her rank? When is she due to separate?

she has been in just over a year. they said they were starting the discharge process just before her year. she is an E3. theres another 5 years left on her contract. she has a medical waiver. they also started going around the flight trying to get people to fill out statements. they are trying to discharge her on malingering.

DearCustomer

I am sorry, but I am not available to answer your question this evening because I am preparing for a hearing tomorrow. I am "opting out" so another expert can assist you.

Good luck.

thank you

DearCustomer

Good evening. I am back on-line, and I noticed that no other expert has been able to respond to your question.

At this point, your wife can be discharged for:

It really sounds like your wife is being treated abusively, and needs to get either off of that post or out of the military entirely. Obviously, using the chain of command is best to start with. I'm sorry that didn't work.

She has a couple of other options: first, she can see a mental health professional or a clergyman and see if they can assist her in getting discharged. This does work in some cases.

There's another option, but if this doesn't work, it will cause all sorts of problems: she could contact her congress person and ask for assistance. The military will respond to those requests immediately.

Finally, if you and your wife are thinking of having a child, pregnancy would get her out as well.

Please tell her I hope she is able to get out of this situation.

what is conscientious objector

DearCustomer

That's someone who objects to the war and refuses to serve based on that objection. It was a common request for discharge when soldiers were drafted. (Vietnam war and earlier). It's pretty unusual in an all-volunteer army - because if someone objected to war, why enlist?

It's my understanding that Conscitientous Objector discharges are usually General or lower.

she has an appointment set up for mental health on thursday. what does she have to say to mental health? she has already gone to a chaplain and they couldnt do anything to help her out. she cant arm up right now because of the profile she is on. but they still have her doing her qc in two weeks. all the stress she is being put through right now is causing her to go insane. she comes home in a bad mood and its putting stress on our marriage. weve only been married for a year on february 14th. as you can tell thats not good. the stress is also causing us not to be able to concieve or have a child. that was told to us by a doctor. shes also been sick 4 times since weve been here. shes normally healthy.

DearCustomer

Tell her to tell them what you have told me, and have her read that article on medical discharges.

It really does sound like the post she is at and the people she is working with are a big part of the problem. It might be easier for her to get a transfer than to get a discharge.

Good luck.

Anne_C
Anne_C, Lawyer
Anne_C
Anne_C
Anne_C, Lawyer