Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

What is the proper disposal of old military uniforms?

8/22/2009
PhilCave
PhilCave, Lawyer
To my knowledge there is no regulation on how to dispose of old uniforms except those that are "organizational equipment." OE has to be inventoried and turned in to Supply upon discharge or the person is billed for the cost.
An individual leaving the service can keep the uniforms or dispose of them as they wish. Uniforms that are not OE have been purchased by the individual over their career.
This is a different question than the wearing of uniforms. Uniform regulations cover situations for the active, reserve, and guard soldiers wearing of uniforms and are very detailed. Retired personnel may wear uniform under certain circumstances.
Sincerely.
PhilCave
PhilCave, Lawyer
PhilCave
PhilCave
PhilCave, Lawyer