How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 19181
Experience:  Lawyer and current JAG officer.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get out of the Army without getting a dishonorable

Resolved Question:

How can I get out of the Army without getting a dishonorable discharge?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 8 years ago.
The short answer is: You can't.

I hate to be that dismissive of your question, but there really aren't any fast ways to get out of the military, without their cooperation, without getting a punitive discharge. Even failing to make weight or failing to pass the APFT can get you a General Discharge....and if you're not following orders (working out, etc.), you can get in more trouble.

The only things I've seen that allow for an honorable are hardship discharges (usually financial), discharges based on homosexual tendencies without evidence of actual acts (this takes a long time and you'd need a lot of guidance from a JAG attorney during the process) or conscientious objector status (takes a long time and pysch evaluations).
Allen M., Esq. and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Military Law Questions