Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

How can u quit the Army boot camp

Customer Question
?...
How can u quit the Army boot camp ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Military Law
7/23/2009
Military Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer

An administrative discharge is required to leave the military prior to the end of the contract.

Here is a list of the available types of administrative discharges:
http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/getout.htm

As you can see, it will not be easy.

The two available types of administrative discharge that may possibly apply are the hardship discharge or the convenience of the government.

Your command may be helpful. Your best bet may be to try to convince your command that its in the military's best interest to grant you an administrative discharge. The command would then recommend the discharge and the first general officer in the chain of command would be able to approve or deny.

Good luck.

Ellen, Lawyer