How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 14447
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The U.S. Military owes me back pay, how do I collect it

Customer Question

The U.S. Military owes me back pay, how do I collect it ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
What was the reason given for nonpayment of the back pay?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The reason for non-payment was two-fold. 1. When I submitted the request, the answer
that I received was that the pussyfoot outfit that I came from didn't count as military and I was just a dago peon. 2. After having received my honorable discharge, I wrote the NPRC
in St. Louis, only to find out that my records could not be found. It took 50 years, after many requests to finally receive the records. A copy is available, if necessary, upon re-
quest. Those comments were made to me from the first sargent's office, at Ft. Bragg, NC.
So, it is evident that my request was never forwarded to the proper authorities.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am still waiting to hear from your office, regarding my reply to you on May 2 2009. I'M sorry for the delay, but , I was away for a few days. Thank You.

P.J. Siracusa