How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34529
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recieved a reentry code 4 on my dd form 214. I would like

Resolved Question:

I recieved a reentry code 4 on my dd form 214. I would like to re enlist is there any thing I can do to change this
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Military Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 years ago.
You can, perhaps

certainly it is possible...but it is not an easy prospect.

The process is straightforward. You can begin the process here

To be successful, you will need to demonstrate, under the circumstances, that an upgrade to the charachterization (or in this case, the RE code, is the appropriate result in your case. Typically this would be done by showing that the result at the time was wrong for some reason...for example if there was some error or mistake made during your out processing that caused them to assign the wrong code.

The board will also consider your post service conduct, but this to a lesser degree than than your service conduct.

Unlike the urban legend, there is no "automatic upgrade" for fact only a small percentage of requests are granted.

To have the greatest chance for success you should consider working with an attorney that can help you assemble the package you will submit. A google search under "military lawyer upgrade discharge" will net you several prospects...I would talk to several to see if one can be of help...but understand this is a long shot...beware of promises.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne: Its possible but difficult to do. Best of luck

Please let me know if you have more questions and I will do my best to assist, otherwise, please accept so I may get credit for my work.
P. Simmons and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Military Law Questions