rcampione
rcampione, Military Lawyer
Experience:  Military lawyer - 5 years to the present
12561310

How do I get a copy of my W-2 Form?

Customer Question

How do I get a copy of my W-2 Form? I am retired military and do not work. Can I get a copy of my W-2 form online before the April 15th deadline?

Category: Military Law
Expert:  rcampione replied 8 years ago.

If you have a MyPay account, you can access it on www.dfas.mil. You can register for an account on the site and should get instance access. You can then print it out. If not, you will have to contact DFAS and you will need to get an IRS extension.

Expert:  PhilCave replied 8 years ago.

I use MyPay.

Do you have a registered email address on MyPay? If so, you may be able to get a new pin through the "email." I just did that myself because I'd forgotten my pin number.

Enter you SSN for the ID. Then hit "need a new pin" and see what happens. If you get the next screen it will ask for some info and ask if you want to get it by mail or by secured email. Again, this should only work if you already have an email address registered with them.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I just tried PayPal again. Same answer (a pin will arrive in 14 days). I am not able to select the email choice.

Expert:  rcampione replied 8 years ago.

Due to the April 15 deadline, you need to get an extenstion from the IRS. You can access the IRS website and follow the instructions for an extension.

Good Luck

rcampione, Military Lawyer
Experience: Military lawyer - 5 years to the present
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

So it is not possible to get an electronic w2 form from a tax filing service?

Expert:  rcampione replied 8 years ago.
You would have to ask the specific service. I don't think they will have DOD access.