How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Military Lawyer
Category: Military Law
Satisfied Customers: 34506
Experience:  Retired Marine Corps lawyer and Veterans Services Officer (VSO) with 12+ yrs. of experience.
Type Your Military Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you file military charges for adultery

This answer was rated:

My husband has been having an affair with a married woman; they are now residing in his home which the Air Force is paying for and also collecting family separation pay. How do I file adultery charges or misconduct charges?
Thanks for the chance to assist

I suspect that his command will indeed take this seriously. If he is collecting money for being married and not supporting his spouse his command will not take kindly to this. The adultery is also generally a problem...and if you are complaining the command will likely prosecute this.

I would find the number to the command and call him or her.

I would be circumspect and keep the conversation factual and professional. Let the command know you are unhappy that your husband is sleeping with another woman in air force housing. If he is not providing support, I would complain about that as well

I suspect that your concerns will be addressed by the command

Best of luck

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the green accept button, its the only way I get paid.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Just one quick question. Is it possible to complain to the chain of command without him knowing who made the complaint? Once I make a formal complaint he is going to become very difficult.
Sure, you can request to the commander your concerns. It will be up to the commander if he or she will keep your request for anonymity. As a general rule the commander would want to know who the complaint came from so that he or she may be able to determine if its a credible complaint.

You could also try a letter to the commander, without telling them who you are...this would preserve your anonymity but may make the commander less likely to investigate

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

One last question. How do I find out who his commander is? He's actually a reservist out of Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station but has been on active duty orders for the past 2 years stationed at Lackland AFB in San Antonio.

Do you know the name of his command...that is what job he does?
I would start here

This will give you #'s to find out where he works. WHen you find this, as for the the commander of that unit

P. Simmons and other Military Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you so much for your time and assistance.
Welcome and best of luck

Related Military Law Questions