Military Law

Have military law questions? Ask a military lawyer.

What is involved when someone is placed under ...

Customer Question
What is involved when someone...
What is involved when someone is placed under "House Arrest" in the Army? The case is because of the person being unfaithfull to his wife.
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Military Law
12/21/2007
Military Lawyer: TruthFinder, Consultant replied 10 years ago
TruthFinder
TruthFinder, Consultant
Basically they are confined to their quarters whether this be a home on base, the barracks, or wherever. They have no traveling privileges and are basically "serving time" in this place rather than jail. Just so you know, adultery in the military is reason for court martial and an Article 134 can be brought against him. You can read more HERE.
TruthFinder
TruthFinder
TruthFinder, Consultant