Military Law

Have Military Law Questions? Ask a Military Lawyer.

Military Law

Hi,my ex husband ist retired from the Army and get a 2000$ ...

Hi,my ex husband ist retired...
Hi,my ex husband ist retired from the Army and get a 2000$ pesion.He lives in Missisppi I live in Germany.We were married for 17 years.The Army say I should get abour 40% of his retirement.What must I do do get it.We have 3 children and he pays 50 $ child support.We were married in Germany and got our divorce here.Does he have to pay the child support and alimony the German Judge said,or do I have to go to a stateside court? Thank you. Isabel Wetter
12/18/2007
EMJ1219
EMJ1219, Army First Sergeant (RET)

Dear Isabel,

You will have to have the German order ruled on by a state court in the U.S.

He has to pay the child support and alimony, and there is a process to get it taken directly from his pay.

Like wise, there is a way to get the percentage of pension taken out.

Since it is complicated and involves special language, I am going to send you to a site that will help out.

http://www.dfas.mil/garnishment/military.html

it would be helpful to give this same information to your attorney.

EMJ1219
EMJ1219, Army First Sergeant (RET)
EMJ1219
EMJ1219
EMJ1219, Army First Sergeant (RET)