Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am trying to use microsoft excel to make a heat map but my…

Customer Question
Hi I am trying...

Hi I am trying to use microsoft excel to make a heat map but my data won't appear on the map

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Excel?

Im not sure, how do i update it

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Microsoft Office
6/1/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Ameen Khan, Computer Technician replied 21 days ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I will do my best to help you today.

To give you an accurate answer, I have some follow up questions for you:

Are you pasting the heat map from elsewhere? please explain. thanks

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I have an excel sheet and i looked up to make a map you go to add ins and download the program maps and after that i hit get started and nothing works
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
the map just comes up blank

Which addin are you using? i want to see if its maybe the links that are broken

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
My add ins->geographic heat map->get started->select data->save-> and the map comes up blank
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
for data i put in "A3:A10864" and it still comes up blank

Is that a genreic heat map, send me a screenshot

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Users/jamesbrooks/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 3.35.31 PM.png

screenshot didn't come through, plesae use the paperclick icon on this chat