Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I use: Internet Explorer and when I opened it Google would…

Customer Question
I use: Internet Explorer...

I use: Internet Explorer and when I opened it Google would show up and there was a place you could type! I accidently deleted Google and I would like to get that same Google back. Can you please tell me how? .

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

All I know is it is a Dell Computer and I use Internet Explorer. I am 83 and not too smart now as I forget a LOT!!!

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far to uninstall your Internet Explorer?

I deleted the Google that ALWAYS showed when I open the computer and I want to get that same program back,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just think I told you what my problem was and I don't that much about the problem to say anything. I am just old and "dumb" ! :-))

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. What's it showing now?

Is it Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?

Does your computer have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Solution #1:

1. When you are in Internet Explorer, click on the small gear / wheel icon at the upper right corner, then click on option Internet options.
  2. There, delete everything in the Home page box.
  3. Then type google.com in the Home page box.
  4. Then click OK.
  5. Then close Internet Explorer, then re-open it and Google should show up automatically.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Solution #2:

1. Press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard.
    - Then the Run window should appear.
  2. Then type inetcpl.cpl
  3. Then click OK.
    - Then the Internet options window should appear.
  4. There, delete everything in the Home page box.
  5. Then type google.com in the Home page box.
  6. Then click OK.
  7. Then close Internet Explorer, then re-open it and Google should show up automatically.

- Does any of the two solutions above work?