Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

It wasn't doing this last week. I have Microsoft Office 2016…

Customer Question
It wasn't doing this...

It wasn't doing this last week. I have Microsoft Office 2016 installed on my computer. Whenever I open a Word document that I've previously saved, it opens up with "All Markups" instead of "No Markups"...every time. I don't want to see the markups and I want a clean unmarked copy to open. Why did it start doing this? How can I fix it?

Technician's Assistant: Is your Word file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

One Drive, but I've been using OneDrive for a long time and not having this problem before. I tried saving a copy to Documents on my computer (not OneDrive) and it still did this.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I've been using Office 2016 on this computer since December '17

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/31/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Ameen Khan, Computer Technician replied 2 months ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I will do my best to help you today.

Kindly try these steps for your markups issue:

1. Start Word 2007, and then open the Word 2007 document.
  2. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click
    Word Options.
  3. In the left pane, click Trust Center, and then click Trust Center Settings.
  4. In the left pane, click Privacy Options, and then click to clear the
    Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving check box.
  5. Click OK two times.
  6. Make a change to the document. For example, type a space, and then delete the space. Then, save the document.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.