Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I lost a document I have been working on - computer had a…

Customer Question
I lost a document...

I lost a document I have been working on - computer had a problem yesterday I re-started word - then went to work saved and saved - then when I closed the document it dissapeard and seemed to be replaced by a document that had COMPARE - in front of it with the same title - Help

Technician's Assistant: Is your Word file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

Ity did not save to my cloud app sugar sync

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

No - help please

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/30/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Ameen Khan, Computer Technician replied 2 months ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I will do my best to help you today.

To give you an accurate answer, I have some follow up questions for you:

Have you checked the temp and recovery files folder?

I think so where is it ?

if you are in the right folder, the files should be listed there.

Let me know if you need help remotely.

Here's the thing - I may do remote but hear this. I had been saving the file under the name "Draft in Progress"
Ther was an auto recoverd file that appeared and non of the changes I had made and saved were in it.I have searched all folders for Draft in progress and I still come up with this earlier version.

In that case the latest one recovered was that earlier version you found. You are in the right place. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.