Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Using Excel 2016, I need help trying to figure out how to…

Customer Question
Using Excel 2016, I need...
Using Excel 2016, I need help trying to figure out how to make a relative hyperlink to a document in say Sheet 1 be clickable in a Pivot Table in say Sheet 2. I can send a .zip file showing what I am talking about
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
I need the 'Link' (A2) on the Pivot sheet to open the Link from Source Relative Hyperlink sheet. I'm guessing the only way to do this is some kind of VBA code
If there is an alternative do doing a macro, I'm all ears. I need the excel sheet to be the most compatible with all versions of excel
5/30/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Excel question.

Making a hyperlink is simple enough. You can even make a button then assign a hyperlink to it:

1. make a button by choosing a shape, from Insert... insert the shape.

2. then right-click on the shape, and select Hyperlink, which will open the Insert Hyperlink dialog, though which you may complete the hyperlink.

But perhaps you mean something else: a 'relative' hyperlink? meaning exactly what, please? let me know in Reply (if the above does not answer your question) and I will advise you further as to what to do.

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.