Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I need to change my password .I am trying to start up a new…

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change my password ***** am trying to start up a new computer and I made a mistake in my email address. I have had a stroke and my brain is slow. Thanks

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

BT

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Through a browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried to restart the setting from the beginning but it won't let me

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
5/29/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: John, Microsoft Office Specialist replied 2 months ago
John, Microsoft Office Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is a paid independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

To clarify you forgot the microsoft account password ***** you cannot reset password ***** you entered incorrect email address for microsoft account am i correct?

Is this a windows 10 sign in password ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

my correct email address is***@******.*** and I made a mistake and they now think my email is [email protected] Which it isn't. i am trying to set up a new computer and now it thinks my email is that number.

OK are currently locked out of the computer because of this password *****?

thank you

You are welcome but could you please answer my above question which is

Are currently locked out of the computer because of this password *****?

i've got a new password *****'s the email address it won't accept.***@******.***

I understand that but my question did you enter this incorrect email address when you created microsoft account for your windows 10 computer?

i did.

Are you currently chatting to me from this windows 10 computer?

n i am not

Is it because you are locked out of your windows 10 computer due to incorrect email address?

i was setting up a new computer and i made a mistake and i can't get it to accept my correct email address.

OK now i am clear.

If you entered incorrect email address for windows 10 microsoft account then only option is to reset windows 10 this will erase everything in it and then re-install windows 10 like a new system after that you can enter your correct email address as microsoft address and its new password.Do you want to try that reset process?

no, but thankyou for your help,

One moment.

If you don't mind me asking is there any specific reason you do not want to do reset process?