Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Lost pass word. Windows 10. No I swapped hard drives out to…

Customer Question
Lost pass word Technician's...

Lost pass word

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No I swapped hard drives out to another computer. don't remember email accnt or password. I have original box

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I may have changed phone # from original signup

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/27/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: syseng, Information Systems Professional replied 2 months ago
syseng
syseng, Information Systems Professional

My name is David.

If you do not have Microsoft account email addresses associated with the accounts used to login to Windows 10, you can still gain access using the following procedure and logging in using the local administrator account:

On the Windows login screen, click the Power/Shutdown button on the screen, then press and hold the Shift key, and while pressing the Shift key click Restart.

Wait a few minutes for the computer to reboot. In the menu that appears select Advanced options in the menu that appears, then select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt.

On the command prompt type the following command:

net user Administrator /active:yes

and press Enter. Reboot and select the Administrator account at the login screen (no password ***** one was set earlier). Once logged in, click the Windows Start button then the Search box and type

control panel

in the Search box and press Enter. Then select the Users object in the control panel and select your login account and change the password (if there is a local account listed) or create a new account and login under that account.

Please let me know the result.