Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Whenever I add page numbers to a document they disappear…

Customer Question
Whenever I add page...

Whenever I add page numbers to a document they disappear when I reopen the file. I've tried everything I can think of, and followed advice online but nothing helps. This has only been an issue for about a month. I'm using Word 2016, and I'm on a Mac.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

About 3 days ago.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Word?

I click Insert, Scroll down to Page Numbers. That's how I've always done it. Then it lets me choose where I want the numbers to display. Everything is fine until I save the file and then open it again later.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
5/27/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

I see what you mean with the page numbers, that is very interesting. This may not be a solve all type answer yet but more of me being curious first. If you go to view and choose "print layout" do you see the page numbers? If not I would love to try and remote assist into your mac and try different things to fix this issue if need be. Let me know.

No they don’t show up when I click on Print Layout.
I can’t afford that, thanks.
Thanks anyway, I can't afford this.

In order to complete your refund, please visit the following site:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

You can also call 1(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you.