Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Whenever I add page numbers to a document they disappear…

Customer Question
Whenever I add page...

Whenever I add page numbers to a document they disappear when I reopen the file. I've tried everything I can think of, and followed advice online but nothing helps. This has only been an issue for about a month. I'm using Word 2016, and I'm on a Mac.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

About 3 days ago.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Word?

I click Insert, Scroll down to Page Numbers. That's how I've always done it. Then it lets me choose where I want the numbers to display. Everything is fine until I save the file and then open it again later.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Microsoft Office
5/27/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 26 days ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

I see what you mean with the page numbers, that is very interesting. This may not be a solve all type answer yet but more of me being curious first. If you go to view and choose "print layout" do you see the page numbers? If not I would love to try and remote assist into your mac and try different things to fix this issue if need be. Let me know.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No they don’t show up when I click on Print Layout.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I can’t afford that, thanks.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thanks anyway, I can't afford this.

In order to complete your refund, please visit the following site:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

You can also call 1(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you.