Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

How do I reactive my Microsoft Office for Mac - Home and…

Customer Question
How do I reactive...

How do I reactive my Microsoft Office for Mac - Home and Student 2017? I recently had my hard drive erased because of a problem by an Apple technician. So I am reinstalling programs that I originally had on my computer that was erased!

Technician's Assistant: Does the hard drive icon appear on your desktop?

No Does it have to be on desktop?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried accessing the drive on a different computer?

I have 1 Apple imac

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I had a program called Microsoft Office for Mac Homeland Student 2011

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Microsoft Office
5/26/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Did you have a "subscription" version of your MS Office?
  2. Also, was is Microsoft Office for Mac - Home and Student 2017 or Microsoft Office for Mac - Home and Student 2011?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Thank you. In order to reinstall your MS Office that you have subscribed, you need to access your Microsoft account. Here are the steps:

1. Open your web browser, it could be Safari, Chrome, or whatever you regularly use
  2. Then go to this link or URL:
    https://account.microsoft.com/
  3. On that page, click on Sign In with Microsoft
  4. On the login page, enter your email address that you used to create your Microsoft account. If you enter an email that is NOT registered with Microsoft, the page will tell you that the account is NOT existing. If you entered a correct email address, it will ask for your password. So if you have 5 email addresses that you use, you can try all of them.
  5. Once you entered a correct email address, it will ask for your password. Please enter your password ***** log in. If you forgot your password, reset it by clicking on Forgot Password ***** and follow the on screen procedures.
  6. Once you are able to login to your Microsoft account, please locate and click on Services and Subscription tab. There you shall see your subscribed MS Office software. Click on the INSTALL button there and then follow the on screen procedures.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess