Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have word 2016 and when i try to Share my document it

Customer Question
Hi there I have...

Hi there I have word 2016 and when i try to Share my document it defaults to an outlook account, i want to use my gmail account so I can have access to my contacts.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

Yes my phone

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Reset my password ***** microsoft?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
5/25/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

hi
No I would not like to securely connect
are you able to answer my question?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

windows 10

Thank you. The only way this will work without having to break your back in frustration, is going to be to install google chrome, the browser. And then follow these steps

In Settings>Apps>Default apps and then under Email, click on whatever app you have listed there and Google Chrome will be an option--if you have it installed. Once you choose Google Chrome, you will still have to give "rights" to Chrome to allow it to be your default app--generally the first time you click on a link that would then open up a new email. You should also see if you go into Chrome Settings>Advanced>Content settings (under Privacy and security)>Handlers. For me, mail.google.com is my default mailto

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

I had already downloaded chrome and set it as my default under email settings. That’s why I can’t understand why I can’t see my contacts when I try and “share” the file
I think my issue is more that my contact names aren't appearing in my Outlook mailbox. When I send an email it appears to be sending from gmail. but I'm the only contact in my address book
that's the issue. i can't access any of my gmail contacts when the outlook mail opens

How about this, Ill offer you a secure remote connection at a discount, if I cant fix the issue you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Hows that sound?

I figured it out on my own.

Excellent!!

Not a problem, here is the refund link

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0